Items tagged with housing:
News & Updates:
Since last year, the U.S. government has sharply curtailed the ability of American semiconductor companies to hire Chinese nationals for advanced engineering positions; Unless a budget caps deal is reached, the US military spending will face sharp cuts; More than 75 representatives from some of the largest companies in the US will address Congress tomorrow to call for a new climate tax; Sales of existing homes in the US have declined over the past two months.
Debate escalating over the effects of Trump’s NAFTA deal; U.S. launches four-state, $350 million study on ways to combat opioid deaths; Housing starts fall to a near 2-year low.
Trump announces that he would override NAFTA if Mexico did not take a more proactive role in preventing illegal immigration.Senators question CFPB on student borrowing; U.S. adds 196,000 in March; Trump proposes tariffs over border dispute.
Trump administration broadens efforts against the Affordable Care Act (ACA); House votes on overriding President Trump’s veto; House Democrats call for the U.S. to remain in Paris climate accord; Housing starts drop almost 9 percent; Consumer confidence falls in March.
Susan M. Wachter offers her perspective regarding the drastic rise of home prices in North American urban centers. Although home prices will eventually settle down, she indicates that their spike in relation to income remains a growing concern for the Millennial generation
Fannie Mae: Economic & Strategic Research
Fannie Mae’s housing market research includes information and analyses on the state of the housing and mortgage industries, consumer and demographic insights, economic and mortgage market analysis and trends, and forecasts. Fannie Mae initiatives include:
• Economic & Housing Outlook
• National Housing Survey
• Own-Rent Analysis
• Housing Insights Series
Freddie Mac: Economic & Housing Research
Freddie Mac’s Economic and Housing Research includes:
- Primary Mortgage Market Survey: Freddie Mac surveys lenders each week on the rates, fees and points for the most popular mortgage products. Results are released Thursday at 10am EDT.
- U.S. Economic and Housing Outlook: Each month, Freddie Mac compiles data on major economic, housing and mortgage market indicators and offers forecasts.
- Refinancing Activity Reports: Freddie Mac compiles statistics and produces two quarterly reports, the “Cash-out Refinance Report” and the “Refinance Product Transition Report” based on loans refinanced in its retained portfolio.
- Freddie Mac House Price Index (FMHPI): Freddie Mac publishes its monthly house price index values each quarter for the nation as a whole, for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, and 367 metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs).
- Monthly Refi and ARM Shares: Once a month, as part of the Weekly Primary Mortgage Market Survey®, Freddie Mac collects the Refinance and ARM share of applications, as reported by lenders who participate in the survey.
- The Federal Cost of Funds Index (COFI) is used as a benchmark for some types of mortgage loans and securities. It is calculated as the sum of the monthly average interest rates for marketable Treasury bills and for marketable Treasury notes, divided by two, and rounded to three decimal places.
National Association of Home Builders
NAHB produces in-depth economic analyses of the home building industry based on private and government data. Our economics group surveys builders, home buyers, and renters to gain insight into the issues and trends driving the industry.
S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices
The S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices are the leading measures of U.S. residential real estate prices, tracking changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
U.S. Census Bureau: Housing
All available Census data on housing topics, including:
- Comparability of Housing Data from the Census, ACS, AHS, and the CPS/HVS
- Financial Characteristics
- Housing Vacancies
- Multifamily Housing
- Physical Characteristics
- Rental Housing
- Residential Financing
- Historical Housing Data
Quick link: http://www.census.gov/housing/