Items tagged with housing:
News & Updates:
Senators reach a tentative deal on Republican tax policy, overriding deficit hawk’s worries; The White House throws its weight behind last ditch Obamacare repeal; US homebuilding weak on input scarcity, Harvey; US Treasury yields rise ahead of Fed meeting.
Senators near bipartisan deal to stabilize ObamaCare insurance markets; Senators near passage of annual defense policy bill; Homebuilder confidence hit hard in September, likely due to hurricanes.
Senators announce bipartisan extension of children’s health insurance program; U.S. Producer Price Index up 0.2% in August, vs. expected 0.3% increase; U.S. Household Incomes Rose in 2016 to Record High.
The massive destruction caused by Hurricane Harvey in Houston and other parts of Southern Texas will require Congress to converge on multiple needs. Consumer confidence, meanwhile, is high.
Nine states banded together to form a coalition to cut greenhouse gas emissions in the North East and Mid Atlantic region. Jobless claims are still at healthy levels, and housing sales have dropped.
Fannie Mae: Economic & Strategic Research
Fannie Mae’s housing market research includes information and analyses on the state of the housing and mortgage industries, consumer and demographic insights, economic and mortgage market analysis and trends, and forecasts. Fannie Mae initiatives include:
• Economic & Housing Outlook
• National Housing Survey
• Own-Rent Analysis
• Housing Insights Series
Freddie Mac: Economic & Housing Research
Freddie Mac’s Economic and Housing Research includes:
- Primary Mortgage Market Survey: Freddie Mac surveys lenders each week on the rates, fees and points for the most popular mortgage products. Results are released Thursday at 10am EDT.
- U.S. Economic and Housing Outlook: Each month, Freddie Mac compiles data on major economic, housing and mortgage market indicators and offers forecasts.
- Refinancing Activity Reports: Freddie Mac compiles statistics and produces two quarterly reports, the “Cash-out Refinance Report” and the “Refinance Product Transition Report” based on loans refinanced in its retained portfolio.
- Freddie Mac House Price Index (FMHPI): Freddie Mac publishes its monthly house price index values each quarter for the nation as a whole, for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, and 367 metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs).
- Monthly Refi and ARM Shares: Once a month, as part of the Weekly Primary Mortgage Market Survey®, Freddie Mac collects the Refinance and ARM share of applications, as reported by lenders who participate in the survey.
- The Federal Cost of Funds Index (COFI) is used as a benchmark for some types of mortgage loans and securities. It is calculated as the sum of the monthly average interest rates for marketable Treasury bills and for marketable Treasury notes, divided by two, and rounded to three decimal places.
National Association of Home Builders
NAHB produces in-depth economic analyses of the home building industry based on private and government data. Our economics group surveys builders, home buyers, and renters to gain insight into the issues and trends driving the industry.
S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices
The S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices are the leading measures of U.S. residential real estate prices, tracking changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
U.S. Census Bureau: Housing
All available Census data on housing topics, including:
- Comparability of Housing Data from the Census, ACS, AHS, and the CPS/HVS
- Financial Characteristics
- Housing Vacancies
- Multifamily Housing
- Physical Characteristics
- Rental Housing
- Residential Financing
- Historical Housing Data
Quick link: http://www.census.gov/housing/