Items tagged with housing:
News & Updates:
State Attorneys General open antitrust investigation of big tech companies; U.S. renews Huawei waiver for 90 days; HUD proposes changes to fair housing rules; California and Trump press on in emissions standards battle; White House considering payroll tax cut; Investors hopeful for more rate cuts.
Trump walks back tariff threat; 22 states sue EPA to block Trump’s coal-friendly power plant rule; FHA loosens crisis-era rules for first time condo buyers; Iowa farmers still backing Trump amidst trade war; U.S. import and export prices rise in July; Key yield curve inverts.
Tesla speeding self-driving cars to market, but are they ready?; House voting to repeal the ACA’s “Cadillac tax”; Lighthizer trying to move Democrats on USMCA; Politicians disagree on how to deal with tech industry; Housing starts down 0.9% in June.
On Monday, President Trump signed an executive order that fulfills his promise to tackle high health care costs; The Labor Department has announced a possible new apprenticeship program; President Trump’s trade wars have the rural economy on verge of collapse; National debt and deficit growing slower than predicted; Consumer confidence fell after rising for straight three months; New single-family home sales in the U.S. fell for the second month in the row in May.
Trump administration defends fuel efficiency requirement freeze; Congress introduces bill to block robocalls; Study reveals cost to protect U.S. against rising sea levels; U.S. existing home sales rise in May;Global industrial production slowing
Fannie Mae: Economic & Strategic Research
Fannie Mae’s housing market research includes information and analyses on the state of the housing and mortgage industries, consumer and demographic insights, economic and mortgage market analysis and trends, and forecasts. Fannie Mae initiatives include:
• Economic & Housing Outlook
• National Housing Survey
• Own-Rent Analysis
• Housing Insights Series
Freddie Mac: Economic & Housing Research
Freddie Mac’s Economic and Housing Research includes:
- Primary Mortgage Market Survey: Freddie Mac surveys lenders each week on the rates, fees and points for the most popular mortgage products. Results are released Thursday at 10am EDT.
- U.S. Economic and Housing Outlook: Each month, Freddie Mac compiles data on major economic, housing and mortgage market indicators and offers forecasts.
- Refinancing Activity Reports: Freddie Mac compiles statistics and produces two quarterly reports, the “Cash-out Refinance Report” and the “Refinance Product Transition Report” based on loans refinanced in its retained portfolio.
- Freddie Mac House Price Index (FMHPI): Freddie Mac publishes its monthly house price index values each quarter for the nation as a whole, for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, and 367 metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs).
- Monthly Refi and ARM Shares: Once a month, as part of the Weekly Primary Mortgage Market Survey®, Freddie Mac collects the Refinance and ARM share of applications, as reported by lenders who participate in the survey.
- The Federal Cost of Funds Index (COFI) is used as a benchmark for some types of mortgage loans and securities. It is calculated as the sum of the monthly average interest rates for marketable Treasury bills and for marketable Treasury notes, divided by two, and rounded to three decimal places.
National Association of Home Builders
NAHB produces in-depth economic analyses of the home building industry based on private and government data. Our economics group surveys builders, home buyers, and renters to gain insight into the issues and trends driving the industry.
S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices
The S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices are the leading measures of U.S. residential real estate prices, tracking changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
U.S. Census Bureau: Housing
All available Census data on housing topics, including:
- Comparability of Housing Data from the Census, ACS, AHS, and the CPS/HVS
- Financial Characteristics
- Housing Vacancies
- Multifamily Housing
- Physical Characteristics
- Rental Housing
- Residential Financing
- Historical Housing Data
Quick link: http://www.census.gov/housing/