Items tagged with housing:
News & Updates:
On Wednesday, President Trump signed a bill that would enact several reforms designed to expand veterans’ access to private health care; The House Appropriations Committee revealed its $674.6 billion Pentagon spending bill; Shortages of affordable homes in the US continue to drive prices.
Senate Health panel votes to send the Opioid Crisis Response Act of 2018 to the chamber’s floor; Newly constructed home sales surged, and earlier estimates were revised up; Metrics indicate that U.S. consumer attitudes increased in April, recovering from a decrease in March.
Health insurance trade groups contest the Trump administration’s efforts to extend the maximum length of short term health insurance plansCourts deny Trump Administration efforts to roll back fuel efficiency standards for cars; Health insurance trade groups challenge the Trump administration’s efforts to extend the maximum length of short term health insurance plans from 3 months to 12 months; US home sales increased over the month of March.
Faculty Affiliate, Professor Gyourko was recently cited for his research on the impact of the growing price divide between low-cost areas where housing is plentiful and cheap, and desirable areas where housing is scarce and expensive in coastal areas such as California.
Both Republicans and Democrats on the Senate Health Committee urge Trump to implement mental health parity requirements; As the construction of multi-family housing units rebounded, U.S. home building increased in March as well; Industrial production in March rose 0.5%.
Fannie Mae: Economic & Strategic Research
Fannie Mae’s housing market research includes information and analyses on the state of the housing and mortgage industries, consumer and demographic insights, economic and mortgage market analysis and trends, and forecasts. Fannie Mae initiatives include:
• Economic & Housing Outlook
• National Housing Survey
• Own-Rent Analysis
• Housing Insights Series
Freddie Mac: Economic & Housing Research
Freddie Mac’s Economic and Housing Research includes:
- Primary Mortgage Market Survey: Freddie Mac surveys lenders each week on the rates, fees and points for the most popular mortgage products. Results are released Thursday at 10am EDT.
- U.S. Economic and Housing Outlook: Each month, Freddie Mac compiles data on major economic, housing and mortgage market indicators and offers forecasts.
- Refinancing Activity Reports: Freddie Mac compiles statistics and produces two quarterly reports, the “Cash-out Refinance Report” and the “Refinance Product Transition Report” based on loans refinanced in its retained portfolio.
- Freddie Mac House Price Index (FMHPI): Freddie Mac publishes its monthly house price index values each quarter for the nation as a whole, for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, and 367 metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs).
- Monthly Refi and ARM Shares: Once a month, as part of the Weekly Primary Mortgage Market Survey®, Freddie Mac collects the Refinance and ARM share of applications, as reported by lenders who participate in the survey.
- The Federal Cost of Funds Index (COFI) is used as a benchmark for some types of mortgage loans and securities. It is calculated as the sum of the monthly average interest rates for marketable Treasury bills and for marketable Treasury notes, divided by two, and rounded to three decimal places.
National Association of Home Builders
NAHB produces in-depth economic analyses of the home building industry based on private and government data. Our economics group surveys builders, home buyers, and renters to gain insight into the issues and trends driving the industry.
S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices
The S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices are the leading measures of U.S. residential real estate prices, tracking changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
U.S. Census Bureau: Housing
All available Census data on housing topics, including:
- Comparability of Housing Data from the Census, ACS, AHS, and the CPS/HVS
- Financial Characteristics
- Housing Vacancies
- Multifamily Housing
- Physical Characteristics
- Rental Housing
- Residential Financing
- Historical Housing Data
Quick link: http://www.census.gov/housing/