Items tagged with Federal Budget:
News & Updates:
EPA to introduce a roll back on coal emissions standards; Lawmakers remain polarized as disputes over funding of Trump’s border wall ensue; Representatives introduce a bipartisan bill to help promote cybersecurity education; Private sector jobs remain strong in the month of November with more than 100,000 new jobs added; Jobless claims fall but remain near a five month high.
Trump administration intends to absolve subsidies for electric cars and renewable energy resources; Lawmakers agree on a tentative spending bill that stalls big debates regarding immigration and the border wall; Following the trade truce reached in Buenos Aries, Trump announce a China hard-liner as the new head negotiator; US auto sales outperform expert expectations.
Current federal fiscal policies are cutting public investment in key areas such as education, infrastructure, and scientific research, all the while driving up the level of public debt. This panel event explores the long-term economic implications and propose actions our elected leaders must take to avoid fiscal ruin.
A report by the US Government reveals the accelerating cost of climate change efforts in the coming century; Congress is again at risk of another partial shutdown due to border wall dispute; The Supreme Court agrees to hear a case regarding an anti-trust suit brought against Apple; The Chicago Economic Index indicates a rise a in the stock market.
Viability of the current Senatorial federal budget plan draft in question considering boarding fundingAmbiguity of the current federal budget plans arise as lawmakers are unsure whether or not President Trump will approve current senate draft; New inflation calculations threaten GOP tax law; Manufacturing output rises.
Congressional Budget Office
Since its founding in 1974, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has produced independent analyses of budgetary and economic issues to support the Congressional budget process.
The agency is strictly nonpartisan and conducts objective, impartial analysis, which is evident in each of the dozens of reports and hundreds of cost estimates that its economists and policy analysts produce each year. CBO does not make policy recommendations, and each report and cost estimate discloses the agency’s assumptions and methodologies. CBO provides budgetary and economic information in a variety of ways and at various points in the legislative process. Products include baseline budget projections and economic forecasts, analysis of the President’s budget, cost estimates, analysis of federal mandates, working papers, and more.
Quick link to Products page: http://www.cbo.gov/about/our-products
Quick link to Topics: http://www.cbo.gov/topics
Office of Management and Budget
As the implementation and enforcement arm of Presidential policy government-wide, OMB carries out its mission through five critical processes that are essential to the President’s ability to plan and implement his priorities across the Executive Branch:
- Budget development and execution, a significant government-wide process managed from the Executive Office of the President and a mechanism by which a President implements decisions, policies, priorities, and actions in all areas (from economic recovery to health care to energy policy to national security);
- Management — oversight of agency performance, Federal procurement, financial management, and information/IT (including paperwork reduction, privacy, and security);
- Coordination and review of all significant Federal regulations by executive agencies, to reflect Presidential priorities and to ensure that economic and other impacts are assessed as part of regulatory decision-making, along with review and assessment of information collection requests;
- Legislative clearance and coordination (review and clearance of all agency communications with Congress, including testimony and draft bills) to ensure consistency of agency legislative views and proposals with Presidential policy; and
- Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda to agency heads and officials, the mechanisms by which the President directs specific government-wide actions by Executive Branch officials.
- Quick link to current budget: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Overview
- Quick link to historical budgets: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/collectionGPO.action?collectionCode=BUDGET
- Quick link to “About OMB”: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/organization_mission/