Wharton PPI Student Writer - Daily Economic Update
Wharton PPI is looking to hire a student to help write the PPI Daily Economic Update during the summer. The Update, published Monday through Friday, summarizes major policy news and reports on new releases of economic data. (See https://publicpolicy.wharton.upenn.edu/news-updates/daily-update/ for previous Updates.)
- We need a student who can commit to writing the Update at least twice per week.
- Interested applicants must be available to write the Update in the morning or early afternoon.
- Wharton PPI will provide guidance on which policy stories and data releases to cover in each Update, and the Update must be submitted to the PPI office no later than 2pm each day.
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills are essential. Writing the Update is a part-time opportunity that can be done alongside other school or work obligations.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following two items to email@example.com:
- A one-paragraph summary of any policy-related article from the NYT, WSJ, WaPo, or any other major news outlet, plus the URL for the original article.