Barry Plunkett is a junior at the University of Pennsylvania from Ellicott City, MD. He plans to study Political Science and Mathematical Economics in the College of Arts and Sciences. Barry founded a political engagement website for his high school and worked as a legislative research aid for the Howard County Council. His research on campaign finance reform, Styrofoam bans, and affordable housing ignited his passion for government and economic policy.
Formerly serving as Director of Economic Policy, Barry is excited to learn more about corporate tax reform, income inequality, and financial regulation. Barry is also active in intramural sports, the Wharton Investment & Trading Group, Penn Effective Altruism, and the Stouffer College House Steering Committee, on which he serves as President.
- Using Policy to Promote Strong Families
- A Reflection on the 2009 American Auto Crisis
- Contract Theory: A Modern Framework
- The State of the National Debt
- The Great Rate Debate
- Should We “Audit” The Fed?
- A Problem Like Maria: Analyzing Disaster Aid to Puerto Rico
- Nudging the Needle on Environmental Regulation