Louis Davis is a senior in the College of Arts & Sciences majoring in Political Science with a Concentration in International Relations. Louis has served as the Director of the International Trade and Foreign Policy Team (TFP) within the Wharton Public Policy Initiative Student Group since Fall 2015. In addition to PPISG, Louis is involved on campus with Penn International Impact Consulting (PIIC) as a Senior Consultant and with the Perry World House as an inaugural Student Fellow. Louis is proficient in both French and Spanish.
Louis’ primary functional areas of research include arms control, international trade, and international law, while his regional interests include Latin America (with a focus on U.S.-Cuba relations) and East Asia. Through the Penn in Washington Program in Spring 2016, Louis interned at the U.S. Department of State within the Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, focusing on biological weapon proliferation issues. He has also interned with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Cuba Desk and on the Hill with Representative Lois Frankel (D-FL), who sits on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
- Colombia’s Misguided Peace
- Russian Military Intervention in Syria
- Catalonia: The Long Goodbye
- Syrian Refugee Crisis: A True Test for the EU
- American Business Interests & Entrepreneurial Activity in Cuba: Past, Present, and Future
- Freiheit and the Presidency
- The Strictly Conditional Effects of Conditional Cash Transfers
- The Country Behind the History: Why Japan’s Military Makes Sense
- Combating the Smog in Beijing: Following in Los Angeles’ Footsteps?
- Paying It Forward: Attempts to Increase Tax Compliance in Italy
- Campaign Trail Begins for 2017 French Presidential Elections
- Mining for Prosperity in Sub-Saharan Africa
- The New Iron Curtain: Negotiating with Theatre States
- Today’s Hong Kong, Tomorrow’s Taiwan
- The Not So Peaceful Reality of UN Peacekeeping
- China and the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- ISIS Targets Distant Land for the First Time
- Cybersecurity: A Pressing Concern
- Jeremy Corbyn: EU Savior?
- Outsourcing Latin American Justice: Balancing People and their Power
- The Ethics of the Syrian Refugee Crisis