Vivek Nimgaonkar is a senior in the Roy and Diana Vagelos Life Sciences Management Dual Degree Program. At the Wharton school, he is concentrating in Business Economics and Public Policy (BEPP) and Health Care Management and Policy (HCMG), and in the College of Arts and Sciences, he is majoring in Biology.
Vivek’s interests in policy arise out of a context of his background in the natural sciences, and he enjoys economics for its analytical use of data to derive policy solutions. He is excited to be a part of Wonk Tank as it seeks to channel the academic strengths of the Penn student body for policy research.
Aside from his involvement with Wonk Tank, Vivek is also currently a research assistant in the HCMG department, a contributor to the PWPPI daily update, a captain of the Club Tennis Team, an Editor-in-chief for the undergraduate research journal PennScience, and a founding member of MedX.
- Statens Pensionsfund Utland: A Cornerstone of Norway’s Energy Policy
- Searching for Answers in the California Drought
- The Question of the Carbon Tax
- Rise of the Sun: Utilities Companies In The Face Of Growth In Solar
- The Energiewende Paradox: Rising German Emissions Despite an Emphasis on Renewable Energy Policy
- Primer for the Paris Climate Change Talks